About me ….. I’m a baby boomer, now retired with a new life abroad.
A condensed life story :
- born in England, lived mainly in Fareham, Hampshire,
- moved to Perth, Australia in my mid teens,
- joined the Army, and spent the next twenty years moving from one part of the country to another every few years, learnt a trade and got paid to go kayaking, whitewater rafting, skiing and parachuting !
- retired with a pension in 1994, spent 6 months travelling around Australia doing odd jobs, then nearly a year overseas – Nepal, India, Thailand and Malaysia, before coming back to Australia. Worked a couple of ski seasons at Thredbo plus odd jobs during summer before “settling down” with a real job in rural New South Wales,
- After retiring in December 2012 I spent 11 months on the road, living out of my 4WD and my swag, while driving approx. 50,000 kms around Australia (which you can read about starting here until I left Australia in October 2013 )and now, 15 years later, retired and have moved to Thailand for a new life and hopefully new adventures.
I’m an editor with The Five Mile Press and we publish a book called The Little Book of Big Aussie Icons. It includes an image of the Big Kangaroo in Border Village, and we’d like to include a new pic. I’ve just seen your pic in this blog, and wonder if you would give us permission to include it in our book? We would need a hi-res jpg emailing to us, if so.
Many thanks for your great photos.
Julia, I’ve replied via email
loved ur photogallery at pbase .. awesome photos
Hi Mike only found your pictures of the Gnomes Looking out. We placed the first Gnomes there in 2010, the piles of rocks have been there a lot longer. We placed more Gnomes there on the 17th May 2013 just before your pics where taken! More going next year, We think your pictures are brilliant and I would like to post them to The Northwest Australian Gnomesville Clan face book page if I can. Thanks For the pics Dave
Sure, no problem about using those photos if you want.