About me ….. I’m a baby boomer, now retired with a new life abroad.
A condensed life story :
- born in England, lived mainly in Fareham, Hampshire,
- moved to Perth, Australia in my mid teens,
- joined the Army, and spent the next twenty years moving from one part of the country to another every few years, learnt a trade and got paid to go kayaking, whitewater rafting, skiing and parachuting !
- retired with a pension in 1994, spent 6 months travelling around Australia doing odd jobs, then nearly a year overseas – Nepal, India, Thailand and Malaysia, before coming back to Australia. Worked a couple of ski seasons at Thredbo plus odd jobs during summer before “settling down” with a real job in rural New South Wales,
- After retiring in December 2012 I spent 11 months on the road, living out of my 4WD and my swag, while driving approx. 50,000 kms around Australia (which you can read about starting here until I left Australia in October 2013 )and now, 15 years later, retired and have moved to Thailand for a new life and hopefully new adventures.